Friday, January 31, 2014

He WILL Provide

“But godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.  But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.” – 1 Timothy 6:6-8
“Nothing that I gain on this earth can be taken to heaven with me, except for the people that I share Christ with” (Pastor Don).  This is something I feel like we all know, but it is so easy to forget and get caught up in the things of this world.  I remember after I heard this quote from Pastor Don, it all of a sudden just hit me in class; the importance of being completely satisfied in Gods will.  Everyone always says there is nothing on this earth we can take with us to heaven, but then Pastor Don added except for the people we witness too.  Our calling on this earth is to be ambassadors for Christ; we don’t get saved simply to escape hell, Christ saves us so that we can go and spread His truth.  But, if we are living our lives with contempt towards our godly calling, what kind of witness are we showing?  Yet, if we are living our lives full of Christ joy and peace, because we have put our trust and faith in Him and are satisfied, then people will see a difference and ask “why?”  Jesus constantly reminds us that our treasures are in heaven.  Our reward for our works through Him are being stored, not on earth, but in heaven.  Making a six figure income won’t do anyone any good when they go live in eternity.  There is no earthly gain worth losing our souls.  And yet, so many times I find myself wanting more then what I have.  We came into this world with literall nothing.  If I step back and look at my life God has blessed me beyond anything I could have ever asked for and He gives me life.
                The last sentence in these verses reminds me of The Sermon on the Mount, in Matthew 6.  Jesus reminds us that He will provide for our every need.  He tells us not to worry about tomorrow, but stay focused on what He is calling you to now.  God cares more about His ministers then His ministry, but this I think can be a hard concept to grasp.  Yet, we are His children and He chooses to use us, so why would He not provide for our basic needs?  Knowing that God is an honest God, who keeps His promises, is an amazing comfort.  I can be confident in knowing that as long as I stay on the path of godliness, My Lord will be faithful in all things.  To live my life completely resting in His hands, not only does it make my yoke light, but it is a testimony that I truly believe in what I say I believe.  The Bible says that the world will know us by our love for one another.  But, if I am too worried about my own needs, then when will I take my eyes of my life and put my feet to furthering the Kingdom? The only thing we can take to heaven are our brothers and sister, do I live that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment