Friday, May 2, 2014

Some Of My Devo Time Here In Costa :)

Love, a word that has always been so dear to my heart, I word I thought I kinda understood.  But, it is a word that I don’t think I will ever fully understand.  I might know the dictionary definition, I might know the Corinthian definition, but as life goes on I am learning more and more of what Love truly means.  1 John 4:10 “And this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His son to be the propitiation for our sins.” Yea, I memorized this verse in training, I can say it by heart, but do I truly – with all I am – understand this use of the word Love? Not even close.  This, the greatest form of love, is so close and still so foreign to me.  

I say I love you to my parents, brothers, family, friends, my class of IGNITE,  and to my Savior.  But, do my actions follow my words, are they a close second, do I even know what actions I should take?  How naive of me to think that I could actually have an understanding of this vast word love? Jesus tells us to love our enemies and do good to those who hurt you.  He asks us to look through His eyes, with a heavenly perspective.  He does not wish us to look through our own lenses that are so often scuffed and dirty.   I want to grow in Christ’s love.  The Bible says they will know you by your love for one another, for Christ is our example, we are called to love as He loves. Wow! How then should our love look?  That is truly insane, utterly insane, if you think about it. 

“God will not judge us according to how much we endured, but how much we could love.  The Christians who suffer for their faith in prison could love, I am a witness that they could both love God and man.”
– Underground Christian, prisoner.

“Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without even knowing it.” – Hebrews 13:2

To all men my love is to look like Christ’s.  The world’s standard and God’s standard of love is so far apart and different.  Being in the middle is not what I am called to, I am not to be luke warm.  Search me oh God and know my heart, try me and know my ways, teach me how to love like You, for I cannot love on my own as You have loved me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment