Friday, February 28, 2014

Where Do We Look For Approval??

“And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to death – even death on the cross!” – Philippians 2:8
                The humility of Jesus Christ, wow.  It is something we all know, Jesus was humble, but the IBS’s this week have truly been touching my heart.  The thought that He, Jesus Christ, would come and be a servant of man and leave the fact that He is God at the doorstep of heaven.  Looking at each of these verses has forced me to look a lot deeper into each one and God has really been showing me His love through the humility of Jesus Christ.  I really can’t rap my mind around the fact of what Jesus did for a world that would continually betray and turn on Him.  We do not have the capability to love Christ the way that He love us, and yet He loves us.  A lot of people choose not to love Christ at all, and yet He loves them. The Bible says those that you love the most, a lot of times, will not return that love, and I know how true this can be.  It can be so hard to continue loving those that keep spitting in your face and yet Christ loves us.
                I find me laughing at myself as I read this verse and think of the rest of the chapter.  How often do I look for approval in the eyes of man?  The answer is all the time.  I can even remember times I looked for approval of man over the approval of God.  We look for the approval of people who, even if they don’t mean to, will at some point let us down.  Just like we will disappoint those around us, because we are human.  We look for approval from things and people who are not eternal, that don’t always have or best interests in mind or that will only do us good here on earth.  We have a heavenly Father who loves us so much, He sent His son to die in our place.  Jesus Christ, leaving all of His rights of being God behind, died on the cross for us.  We are the termites of the earth, we are cockroaches compared to Jesus, and yet He gave up His life for us.  When I really think about this, I really do laugh at myself.  My Savior who is perfect and holy asks only for my life in return for all He has done for me, and yet I so often look for the approval of man.  This life is just a mere fraction of eternity, what should I be living for?

No comments:

Post a Comment